A Day at the Derby

Well hello, all my bloggy buddies. I can not WAIT to tell you all about the field trip we went on yesterday. Seriously, you can not put a price tag on the experience. It was awesome. Some of my kiddos will never have another experience like it! I shall blog about that very soon!

But FIRST. I must tell you about my Derby Unit. You see, I teach 5th grade in Kentucky. So, I hopped on TPT to look for a Kentucky Derby Unit for my big kids. Would you believe there wasn't anything Common Core related to the Derby?! So, I have been working my tail off (get it, horse... HA! Maybe I have been around 11 year olds too long!) But, I have finished up my mini unit and I want you to be the first to grab it! Check out my Day at the Derby Unit here!


 
 
 
How do you and your students prepare for the Derby?

No comments

Back to Top