What's Been Happenin'...

Hello! Gosh, I have neglected this poor little blog. I don't know how you people with kiddos do it. Seriously. Mad props to all your parents out there who juggle, well, life. I am in complete awe. Here is a little bit of what's been going on in my little world....

My fiance, Eric, told me that when I was on summer break I should really probably start planning our wedding. {Insert panic mode here.} See, the problem is I am not feeling the little details part of planning. I just want to get everyone together to celebrate. We searched and searched for a venue. We knew we wanted to get married on a beach but we were limited to locations due to some family members scared to fly anywhere. Yes, part of me was like it is 2014, people. Ha! No, really, we love them dearly and we want them to be apart of our day. Sooooo celebration, beach, close by.. Margitaville Hotel in Pensacola, Florida was exactly what we needed! So, we set the date, April 4, 2015 and now I should probably plan all the little details! Let the headaches games begin. :)

  

I have also wrapped up my first year as a 2nd grade teacher! Man, oh man, oh man! I LOVED it in second grade. I used to teach 5th grade and as much as I loved their independence and sass, I seriously am obsessed with 2nd grade. It helped that I had an incredible group of kiddos this year. I am worried that group of kiddos was the kind that you only get a handful of times in your teaching career. Each of them was great and they are definitely the reason I loved 2nd grade so much. Ahh! I am already missing those sweet babies and they have only been on summer break for 2 weeks! 

I have also been creating some units for my TeachersPayTeachers store. My 2nd Grade Plants Unit Quick Pack has been quite a hit and I wanted to get another NGSS science unit out there for you to start planning out your year. Which brings me to: 

 My Fast and Slow Changes of the Earth Science Quick Pack has 10 hands- on experiences for your kiddos to experiment with changes including fast changes on Earth, and slow changes. It even has an engineering component that will rock your socks off! If you use the Next Generation Science Standards in your classroom, be sure to get your hands on a copy of this!

 Be sure to purchase this unit at my TPT store here.

I have also begun creating units to go along with my classroom reading series: Journeys. We have the 2014 edition of this and I love how it is aligned to The Common Core Standards so it takes the guess work out of teaching using a basal! However, with this series I was needing something more for my kiddos. I wanted them to have a chance on a weekly basis to write a full length writing piece while sticking to the topic of the story. I needed my lower babies to have an opportunity with some more phonics work. I wanted some comprehension that wasn't just from their workbook.


This is the first story in the 2nd grade series. It is Unit 1, Lesson 1: Henry and Mudge: The First Book. I have started on the next few stories as well and hope to get them out within the next week or so. Boo for family reunions and weddings when I have Journeys units to be creating! Ha!

I will say, this is a supplemental unit and is not intended to stand alone in your students' learning using Journeys. It is simply a resource that can coincide with Journeys materials.

If you want to grab your copy of this Henry and Mudge Supplemental Unit, head here and check it out! 

For those of you that don't know, I am on Instagram these days if you would like to follow me there! Of course, you can always follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and TeachersPayTeachers to stay current on what's going on in this little lady's life. I swear I update them more than I do my blog! Ha! Hope you are having a fabulous start to summer! {Insert "In Summer" from Frozen Soundtrack here-you're welcome.}





No comments

Back to Top