Liebster Award!

Hey there all my good people. I have some CRAZY tricks up my sleeve but you will just have to wait. There are some finishing touches being made on them before the big reveal...

In the mean time, check it out. I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Allison, over at Stuckey in Second, nominated me. I am pretty excited about nominated some newbies to the world of blogging, as I, myself, am pretty new to this madness.

 
 
 
For you that may not know the Liebster Award is awarded to a blog with less than 200 followers. 
To accept the nomination there are conditions.
1. You have to link back to the blog that nominated you.

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.


Before I answer Allison's questions, let me tell you who my nominees are: 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Alright, here we go... to answer some questions about me!
 
 1. What is your favorite subject to teach? I love teaching Math- love to see the little light bulbs flick on!

2. Do you have children of your own? No, not yet. Someday we will, I think. But not anytime soon.

 
3. What is one thing in your class you could not do without? Daily 5 rotations. They saved my life, I think.

4. How much schoolwork do you do at home on a nightly basis? Oh gosh. This isn't fair. I work slowly so it's not normal how long it takes! I would say most nights its about 2-3 hours, although I normally just stay at school to finish. I hate to not be able to relax once I get home.

 
5. What time do you get to school in the morning? I try to be at school by about 6:45. This way I can drink some coffee and get some peace and quiet before the madness begins!
 
6. How long do you stay afterschool on the average day? I try to leave about 5:30 everyday so a solid two hours.
 
7. Favorite kind of coffee? Starbucks- Iced Carmel Macchiato.
 
8. What is your favorite time of year to teach? I love the beginning of the year. There is so much excitement through the halls and most of the time the kiddos are in the "honeymoon period" when all the kiddos seem to be minding their manners at school.

9. What is your favorite field trip to take your students on? Love taking kiddos to Mammoth Cave here in Kentucky. It's a great place that is pretty unique to our region.
 
10. What grade do you teach? I taught 5th, but this year I am moving to 2nd and I couldn't be more excited!

 
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. I have a fear of hospitals.
2. I have observed all types of classrooms- even an inner city NYC classroom. Very different from my classroom in KY. :)
3. I have never been a huge TV watcher- even as a kid.
4. I have always had a connection with students with special needs. There is definitely a special place in my heart for them.
5. I am the youngest of 5 children.
6. I have never been further west than where I live now in Kentucky.
7. I have a sick obsession with pens.
8. My favorite food is grilled cheese with pepper jack cheese.
9. I HATE confrontation of any type.
10. I would rather clean the house 5 times before I would want to fold 1 load of laundry.
11. My favorite thing about my job is sharing in those little life lessons and chats with the kiddos.
 
Now, here's some questions for you!
1. How long have you been teaching?
 
2. What's the first thing you do when you get to school?
 
3. How far away do you live from your school?
 
4. What's your take on homework? Yay? Nay?
 
5. If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?
 
6. Who influenced you the most to become a teacher?
 
7. What's your school day hours?
 
8. If you had a $10,000 donation to your classroom, what would you get?
 
9. What type of technology do you use consistently in your classroom?
 
10. What's your significant other's take on your blogging habits?
 
11. What is your major first day of school MUST DO?
 
 
I look forward to reading your answers! Stay tuned for another post about my newest product. Oh, and possibly a little peak into my classroom! Have a splendid weekend!
 

1 comment

  1. Hi Lauren!
    I'm glad I found your blog. I'm in Kentucky too, Louisville actually:)
    I'm just now starting to get my room ready. I'm changing all the bulletin boards so I have a lot to do. Wish I was finished like you. I just can't seem to get motivated:(

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top